INVITATION FOR REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
Sealed proposals will be received by the Lincoln County Schools, 909 Main Avenue South, Fayetteville, TN 37334 until 1:00 p.m. CST, March 31,2023 for Child Nutrition Services for the School Nutrition Program K - 12, a project consisting of the preparation and serving of student meals and the management of the overall food service operation, at which time and place the proposals will be publicly opened and reviewed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS OF
FOOD SERVICE MANAGEMENT COMPANIES
Food Service Management Companies (FSMCs) must meet the following qualifications in order for the proposal to be considered responsive. Each FSMC must submit for consideration such records of work and further evidence as may be required by the School Food Authority (SFA) regarding experience, financial standing and assurance that they have suitable resources (financial, personnel, management experience) to satisfactorily complete the work specified. Failure to furnish such a record of work and/or evidence of capacity to perform the duties as defined in the RFP shall be sufficient cause for the proposal to be disqualified. Any false or misleading statements therein shall be sufficient cause for the proposal to be disqualified. The qualification data shall be submitted by each FSMC along with the sealed proposal and shall include the information listed below.
- The FSMC must be incorporated or licensed to do business in the State of Tennessee, and in good standing with all Federal, State and local regulatory bodies, including the revenue department.
- The FSMC must submit a bid bond or certified check in the amount of 10% of the current projected annual operating costs to show good faith; the bid bond or certified check must be enclosed.
- The FSMC must submit an assurance by a surety authorized to conduct business with the State of Tennessee. The successful FSMC, upon award of the Contract, will issue a performance bond 10% of the projected annual amount of the Contract. Simultaneously, with the delivery of the executed Contract, the successful FSMC must provide to the SFA the executed surety bond, as required to be held as security for the SFA for the faithful performance by the FSMC of all terms of the Contract.
- The FSMC must have been doing business with similar SFAs and must be familiar with Federal and State regulations pertaining to the operation of a nonprofit Child Nutrition program. The FSMC must be presently operating a comparable, successful School Nutrition program in a public school setting.
- Annual reports for financial statements must be certified by a Certified Public Accountant for the past year and must be included in the pre-qualification data.
- Attendance at a Pre-Proposal meeting on March 7, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. CST is required.
- An authorized representative of the FSMC must certify acceptance of the criteria and the basis for selection of an FSMC.
School Nutrition Proposal documents, details and specifications may be obtained at the office of the Lincoln County Schools, 909 Main Avenue South, Fayetteville, TN 37334 Email: Karen Putman: [email protected]
Proposals must be submitted on proposal forms furnished by the SFA. All responders must show evidence of license to conduct business in the State of Tennessee before responding or RFP will not be received or considered by the SFA; the responder shall show such evidence by clearly displaying his or her current license number on the outside of the sealed envelope in which the proposal is delivered. The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to waive technical errors if, the the Owner’s judgment, the best interest of the Owner will thereby be promoted.
Lincoln County Schools (Awarding Authority)